Friday, July 24, 2009

Bandanna Picnic Blanket- Finally Finished!

I do not enjoy sewing. I repeat I do not enjoy sewing. I'm not sure why I start sewing projects because I always seem to regret it. I started this quilt like a month ago and I finally finished it today. It is not hard, I sewed the bandannas together a few weeks ago and then lost motivation(I know it didn't take long). Today I tied and sewed it all together. It really was a simple project. I'm just not good at sewing and don't seem to have the patience for it. Trust me if you look all the way around the edge of the quilt it looks bad. Hey, it's put together, it should stay together, and I think it is adorable. My kids love it and it's a great picnic blanket. I'm sure in a couple of months I will be complaining again that I started a sewing project and I don't know why. Actually, I do know why, there are so many cute things to make. Maybe some day I will love sewing-NOT!

3 comments:

JuliaS said...

I really like that!

I have a true love/hate relationship with sewing. So, I know where you are coming from.

WHere'd you get the pattern from? Though, I don't think it would be too hard to figure out. What did you bind the edges with or are they turned?

The kids look like they enjoy it. The flaws just make it unique and just that much more special.

Dan and Katie said...

YEAH!!!

Becki Madsen said...

SOOO Cute! I bet your kids are thrilled to finally have a completed blanket!