Monday, December 28, 2009

Stamped Washer Necklace

Nathan working hard.

This is the first one Nathan and I made for the Young Women. I think I will have to keep it for me.

My girls really wanted one with their names on it.

Teva showing off her necklace. I think it turned out adorable.

Nathan has become my personal assistant. My Niece Daphnie had bought a darling sterling silver necklace with her name stamped into the metal. I though how cute is that. I also saw them for sale online too. I kept thinking there must be a way to do that at home. Sure enough I started to do some research and I found out how to do it. I'm so excited. The only problem, I was having a hard time hitting the hammer hard enough. Nathan is willing to help me. Especially since we need to make 30 of them for the Young Women in my Ward at Church. The new theme for this year is "Be strong and of good courage" Thanks honey for using your muscles!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, those are great! How do you get the letter stamps? Your YW are lucky!

JuliaS said...

How cool are those??!!!

I love the stamped necklaces!

Dan and Katie said...

Love it!! That is such a cute idea for the young women!! They will love them!

runningfan said...

Very cute!!

Alanya/Ally said...

That's really cool! My running buddy did something like those for our YW girls. She used scrapbook paper, though. Very cute! Hope your girls really like them!

Julz said...

Awesome!! I've been looking into making some of those.

maynardmoments said...

Those are awesome! Talk about talent, I am impressed. That is a great idea for the Young Women, I bet they loved them.

Adri said...

You are the necklace queen! Although, these look a little more labor-intensive than the scrabble tile ones! :) Do you YW LOVE them???