I had a sneak peak at the first part of the Ascent race on Friday. What goes up, must come down. We made it to the top of the incline and than came down Barr Trail and then Brad and Nathan took us down part of the road that will take us up to the trail(not the actual trail head). Thia and I were looking back at the steep hill we just came down. We both had some discouragement in our eyes, ugh and double ugh!! I know I can make it up the Mountain because I have done it before, but the question is now-how fast can I get up there without passing out? I have hiked up the peak, but have not done the Ascent. I just hope my training is enough. Some days I get discouraged because I'm so tired and mentally I worry. I know that I have to remember the fun of it and that my goal all along has been to just make it up in the required time. It is hard to believe that I have under 47 days-I will survive.
Monday, June 29, 2009
46 Days and 22 Hours Until The Pikes Peak Ascent!
I had a sneak peak at the first part of the Ascent race on Friday. What goes up, must come down. We made it to the top of the incline and than came down Barr Trail and then Brad and Nathan took us down part of the road that will take us up to the trail(not the actual trail head). Thia and I were looking back at the steep hill we just came down. We both had some discouragement in our eyes, ugh and double ugh!! I know I can make it up the Mountain because I have done it before, but the question is now-how fast can I get up there without passing out? I have hiked up the peak, but have not done the Ascent. I just hope my training is enough. Some days I get discouraged because I'm so tired and mentally I worry. I know that I have to remember the fun of it and that my goal all along has been to just make it up in the required time. It is hard to believe that I have under 47 days-I will survive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YOU WILL DO AWESOME! You are a determined, hardworking athlete and you will have all of us who love you cheering you on!
Yay! I am so excited for you! It is so fun and you will do great!
Post a Comment